Tow Truck Driver
The Shop Tow Truck Driver
Youth Unlimited (Toronto YFC)
Are you a tow truck driver with a vibrant Christian faith? Are you excited to see young people reach their full potential? The Shop, a program of Youth Unlimited (TYFC) is hiring a part-time Tow Truck Driver.
About The Shop
The Shop is a program of Youth Unlimited (TYFC) that functions as a trades training center serving youth aged 15-25. The Shop seeks to be a safe and orderly sanctuary where youth with life and learning barriers can experience God. At The Shop, caring mentors build relationships with youth, encouraging them to see their intrinsic value, discover their gifts, develop marketable skills and be empowered to use them to serve others.
About Youth Unlimited (Toronto YFC)
Youth Unlimited is a grassroots, faith-based agency that has served youth from all walks of life, including those who are vulnerable to poverty, homelessness, unemployment, violence and gang-involvement for 70 years. We have 60 staff, more than 600 volunteers, and over 30 programs impacting around 1,500 young people on a weekly basis. YU envisions that young people in the GTA will be transformed by God’s love and life-changing power and will be a redemptive presence in this city, our nation, and beyond. What beats deeply within our hearts is the desire to help youth attain their full life potential, showing love and care for their whole person, and encouraging them to serve God as fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ.
To learn more: visit our websites — vehicledonate.ca & yugta.ca.
Description: Tow Truck Driver
The Shop Tow Truck Driver will join a dynamic team of youth workers providing key support. This is a part-time funded position of 6-14 hours per week, combination of day and evening work, with increased hours during peak seasons.
Specific Responsibilities of the Tow Truck Driver will include:
Drive and operate the truck to pick up and transport donors’ vehicles.
- Co-ordinate pick up routes and times with staff and donors
- Check donors paperwork upon pickup and work with donor to ensure papers are properly completed
- Respond promptly to new donor calls
- Maintain good relationships with established community partners in the metal recycling business
- Fill out log and Ministry of Transportation paperwork as required and submit to office
- Perform daily truck safety inspections and maintain truck in good working condition
- Communicate regularly with Shop staff to co-ordinate activities
- Other related tasks as needed
The Tow Truck Driver will require:
- A deep commitment to a holistic approach to proclaiming the good news of Jesus Christ and God’s Kingdom
- Class D driver’s license
- Clean driving record
- Experience working for a non-profit an asset
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to communicate well with donors, staff, volunteers and program participants
Please submit a resume and cover letter by March 30th, 2019 to Mark Dean at email@example.com. Your resumé should note (1) your employment experience; (2) your ministry experience, whether volunteer or paid; and (3) any relevant certification. Your cover letter should include a description of: (1) how you would integrate your faith with this role; (2) your passion for serving youth; and (3) relevant tow truck driving experience. (Each response should be no more than 150 – 200 words). If you have any further questions, please contact Mark Dean at the above e-mail address or call (905) 836-1433. Please note that only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted. Thank you!